Archive for June, 2014
I work as a nanny ten hours a day with an additional hour and a half of driving total as my commute. I am also a photographer and wedding season and just busy season in general is upon me, so I am not lying when I say I am away from my home a lot! I use my Filofax religiously to keep track of what I need to do each day while I’m nannying, while the little boy I watch naps (my productive time), and after I get home from work. In order for me to know what I need to do, I have to bring my Filofax with me, but it’s too big for my purse, so I came up with another solution.
A few months ago, the planning/organizing online community went nuts for the Orla Kiely Weekender makeup bags at Target (link is to the version they currently have in stock that is different than the one I purchased which is discontinued, I believe). Although, the bag is designed for makeup, it is the perfect size for planners, pens, scissors, and other planning accessories. I pinned one down and bought it just before they discontinued them. It fits perfectly in my Thirty-One tote I bought a couple years ago that I bring with me to work every day along with my laptop in the pink sleeve.
I love getting inspiration from others of how they plan on the go, so I thought I would share what I keep in here on a typical day.
My A5 Aqua Malden Filofax fits perfect in the left pocket. It’s nice and safe in there and is easy to take out.
In the middle organizer, I keep extra pencils, pens, highlighters, scissors, magnetic paper clips, and a dry-erase marker.
It can fit a lot!
On the other side of the middle organizer, there is a zipped pouch where I keep some notepads. I love me some notepads!
On the right full-size pocket opposite of the one I keep my Filofax in, I keep the following:
My rainbow assortment of Staedtler pens I used for color-coding and doodling.
My journal and two oft-used notepads.
And a pencil case with some washi tape, extra pencils, lead, and a Bic Wite-Out.
Can’t it fit a lot? Honestly, I don’t use all of these things on a daily basis, but I have used all of these things at one time or another, so it is convenient for me to have them all with me at home and at work. The bag has held up very nicely over the past couple of months and has just worked so well for my needs. I am dying to know how you stay organized on the go!
We have been having lots of fun interacting with others with similar interests on Youtube and through our blog. I was super excited when Hilary from My So-Called Home tagged me to do the Organized Cheap Life TAG. Basically, the tag involves sharing organization products, cheap finds, and thing that have helped improve our life in some way. I had a lot of fun putting together this video! I hope you enjoy!
If you have a Youtube channel and do this tag, please leave a link to it in the comments here on the blog or on the video itself. If you don’t have a channel but want to play along, share your own organizations products, great deals, and things that have improved your life in the comments!
If it wasn’t apparent enough through our Facebook and Instagram posts, we love our dogs. We love that as much as humans could possibly love a dog. To sum it up, they are our fur babies.
Each of our dogs are not just different in size and appearance, but their personalities are different too. Although Lucy is a lot older than Clem, they both share some of the same personality traits as well. Here’s some quick facts about our little ladies!
Clem, our first baby, is first up:
- When she is really excited, she spins around in circles uncontrollably. Its quite hilarious to us, but when she decides to play with her sister, Lucy is never amused.
- She is cuddly in the morning and at night. Her cuddling usually morphs into her lick us wherever we have skin showing.
- We can pick Clem up in any configuration, any direction, or any height, and she will be not be phased. Let’s just say that we play a lot of “Lion King” together, ha ha.
- When we adopted her last year, she had tons of black spots on the very back of her tongue. She has gained two more in the last year. We think her whole tongue may become all black.
- She is only 25 pounds, but she has the energy of a horse on speed, driving a formula one race car.
- She hates sweaters, so we use them at times to calm her down because they make her mopey. She looks ridiculously cute, but we can tell she dies a little each time she wears them.
- When Clem knows there’s a treat involved, she will do all of her commands all at once. “Oh there’s a treat, let me SHAKE-LAY DOWN-STAY all at once!” It’s funny but annoying at the same time!
- Clem is fearless. She’s not scared of anything, which can get her into trouble sometimes! (Like getting ran over by a four wheeler).
- Clem likes to lay under the couch and bed. Not sure what the appeal is, but we’ll find her little paws or tail sticking out from under there.
- She likes to put her butt on Sarah’s face. Again, not quite sure about that one. Ha ha.
Little Lucy is just as quirky as her sister, but quite different too:
- She is very serious, and always has an urgent look in her eyes. She facial expression usually reads: “That doesn’t look very safe, I think I’ll just wait and see what happens…”, where as Clem would run full force into whatever it is coming her way.
- Sometimes, she’ll walk around the house and just give a low growl for no reason. “Rrrrrrr….Oh yeah, nothings there”.
- When you scratch her back right by her tail, she will lift her back legs up alternately and it looks like she is dancing! It’s her “special spot”.
- While Clem will sleep anywhere but her own bed, Lucy LOVES hers. We will find her taking a nap in her bed in our room our the one sitting in the living room quite often.
- She has a toy that she had before we adopted her that we call “Snakey.” It’s toy stuffed snake that is the only toy she doesn’t destroy even though it would be extremely easy to.
- She is very cautious and jumps at funny things like the water dish that fills itself up.
- If she is going out of the door at the same time as one of us, she will play the whole “no you first, no your first” game where we both try to let the other one go first.
- She gets eye “goobers” constantly!
- Picking Lucy up is like a death sentence to her. Don’t do it (I do it anyway because of the face she makes).
- Lucy is our little shadow, which is fitting considering her coloring. She follows us just about everywhere Except for…
- The kitchen floor. She hates it.
- Lucy snores. She’s louder than Sarah.
These puppy sisters also the same in a few ways as well:
- Both of them are incredibly sweet. Although Lucy may come off as mean at first, once she’s warmed up to you she’ll want to play in no time. Clem will just attack you with love from the moment you step in the door, to the moment you leave. She’s a lover.
- Both of them both LOVE walks. Clem loves going new places. Lucy just loses her mind if you just say the word.
- Playing with the same toy is a must for them. If Clem wants Lucy’s toy, she’ll just go take it from her. Sometimes, Lucy will just drop the toy for Clem to pick up too. Such caring canines , ha ha.
- Since our couch is right in front of our huge window, they both love laying up on top of the cushions, barking at squirrels and the mailman. Clem has fallen asleep there many times!
- Both love giving kisses. Lucy’s breath smells, so you may want to wash your arm when she’s done.
There you have it friends. Both of our fur babies are quite different, but in the end, they are both loving, sweet, and just two adorable dogs. Without them we would be lost. They’ve helped us through a lot of these last few months. We owe our sanity to them.
What are some fun facts about your pets? Do you have more than one dog or cat?
Around here, we love saving money! I’m pretty sure that’s not something that only we love to do. I love watching haul videos on Youtube, especially when they are done at a low price point. Sure, it’s fun to show off high-quality, high-priced items, but the real fun, in my opinion, is finding things at a bargain price! I love the hunt! So, today I’m sharing what I bought recently at a nearby dollar store. Nothing is crazy, but I liked the challenge of finding things I will actually use that would normally run me a lot more money.
What is you most recent favorite bargain purchase?