Archive for December, 2013
It’s definitely been far too long since we have posted, but this has been a very crazy year! We wanted to update with posts for every step along the way during our renovation, but since that took up our weekends and many of our nights, there was really no time to update. Instead of going step-by-step through the renovation (which we might break down a little more in the future if anyone is interested), we are instead showing you the “final” (right, it’s never finished) tour now that the renovation is done and we have it decorated for the holidays.
In this video, I explain what we did as well as what we are planning on doing, because there are still tons of things on our to do list. Coming up soon, we will be posting a rundown list of all the projects dealing with our house, both finished and left to do. Trust me, there are a lot more “to dos” then there are “finished” at this point, but most of the major stuff is out of the way!
Before you view the video, let’s recap what the floor plan looked like when we bought the house:
And this is the house after the renovation:
What we did:
- Removed the stairs between the kitchen and dining room and added new stairs in a “u” shape in the entryway
- Closed in the doorway to the kitchen from the entryway
- Removed part of the wall between the living room and dining room
- Closed in the bathroom-wall closet in the dining room (which will get added to the bathroom later), closed in the dining room doorway to the bedroom hall, and opened up the entire wall between the old stairs and the dining room to make it more open to the kitchen
- Added a buffet where the old stairs used to be
- Added two new cabinets to the kitchen as well as a dishwasher. Painted the cabinets. Replaced the sink, faucet, and countertop.
- Painted all the walls in the living area
- Removed the carpet in the living area
Please don’t mind the random music in the middle of the video. I’m not sure how that happened and didn’t realize it until it was already uploaded.
We are so excited to finally share the results! We have tons of projects planned for this year, but will be tackling them at a slower pace so we hope to update as we go this year!
We would love to know your thoughts on what we have done and what we plan to do. I love being inspired by other people’s ideas and love getting input from others!
I hope you all had a merry Christmas and have an amazing new year!